Chemical peels are a technique used to improve and smoothen the skin texture, making skin look cleaner, brighter and less wrinkled. Chemical peels have been shown to improve facial skin and reduce scarring. This technique is effective for both, light and dark skin. Chemical peels enhance the skin’s appearance.
At Skinlove Clinic we have different chemical peel procedures for different skin types and concerns. From skin brightening to treating scars to reducing wrinkles, there are various procedures done at the clinic. We undertake:
Superficial peels with Alpha-hydroxy acids such as Glycolic acid, Kojic acid, Salicylic acid or Lactic acid, TCA, Mandelic acid, and Jessner’s peel to treat the outer layers of the skin.
Superficial peels are done to treat sun tanning, acne, scars or even wrinkles and to improve the appearance of any skin discoloration and for skin smoothening.
Medium peels with higher concentrations of Glycolic acid or Trichloroacetic acid (TCA). While redness or flaking may persist for a few days after the treatment, the acid penetrates the outer and middle layers of the skin to a deeper extent than superficial peels do.
Medium peels are done to improve age spots, wrinkles and fine lines, moderate skin discoloration and freckles and to smoothen rough skin.
Deep peels penetrate the dermis to a deeper extent than the superficial or medium peels. This treatment has the greatest impact on resurfacing the skin.
Deep Peel treatments can only be used on the face, it helps remove moderate lines, age spots, freckles and scars.
Advanced peels like Yellow peel & Pumpkin peel for skin rejuvenation and Black peel for acne.
1. Post priming the skin, the skin is degreased with a pre-peel cleanser.
2. A chemical peel is applied to the skin, excluding the sensitive areas.
3. It is washed off with the neutralizing agent after 5 – 10 minutes.
• Helps reduce pigmentation, pimples, freckles, fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles, melisma caused by sun damage and aging.
• Treats acne
• Reduces melasma and dark spots
• It takes 10 – 15 days to experience rejuvenation effects like smoothening, brightening and low signs of wrinkles.
• All chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, chest or hands, except deep peels which are only done on the face.