Botox is a neurotoxin derived from Clostridium Botulinum, an organism found in the natural environment. The botulinum toxin works by preventing signals from the nerve cells from reaching the muscles. This causes the muscles to be relaxed as it keeps them from contracting.
The Botulinum toxin is used primarily in the Botox treatment as it causes a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other facial lines caused due to aging.
1. The powder is diluted in saline and is then directly taken into the syringe.
2. The botulinum toxin prepared in the syringe is injected into the skin in extremely small amounts.
3. It takes anywhere between 24-72 hours for the toxin to take effect and 5 to 7 days for the changes to become – noticeable
1. Improves facial aesthetics
2. Approved non-surgical treatment for;
• Severe frown lines
• Crowsfeet (wrinkles around eyes)
• Worry lines (forehead wrinkles)
• Frown line on forehead
• Bunny lines or nose lines
• Gummy smile
• Popply chin
• Droopy Eyebrows
3. Facial rejuvenation as a Mesobotox
4. Face Contouring for:
• Jaw contouring to give a well-defined jaw line
• Masseter muscle relaxation
• Nasal tip elevation and nasal flare
• Lipstick line and smokers line
• Niffertity lift
• Neck bands (platismal)
5. The treatment helps to decrease excessive underarm and palmer sweating as well
• Botox Treatment stays for 5 – 8 months
• Botox treatments can be opted for by anyone above the age of 18 years, unless contraindicated.
• Botox treatment should be avoided by anyone who has previously suffered from allergic reactions to the toxin.
• It should also be avoided by pregnant or lactating women
• It contraindicated in myasthenia gravis patients